How To Protect Your Garden Sheds Melbourne From Animals?
Of course, those who have a garden shed wouldn’t like it if animals will enter the shed. One way of keeping the shed at its best is making it sure that animals won’t enter it. However, sometimes, when the shed shows that it is somehow damaged or old, animals want to enter it and make it as their place or they just only want to visit the place and create a mess. In case like this, it should be stopped because the animals can be able to destroy the structure as well as the items being stored inside the shed. But the good news is, there are preventive measures which you can apply so that your garden sheds Melbourne will be prevented from animals. Here are the preventive measures which you can do:
- The ground of the shed should be covered by rocks, gravel, and black plastic. You can also use plastic netting which is a great alternative. Make sure that all points of entry will be closed with the use of a hardware cloth. Dig a six inch trench around the perimeter of the shed. Deeply place it enough to avoid digging underneath the wire. Flatten out the end of the wire into a letter “L” shape and fill in the surrounding area with dirt. If you are skeptic that you can keep small animals out successfully, permit a space for bigger predatory animals to acquire access. You can also mount the garden shed on the concrete slabs. This will prevent the possible entry of the animals underneath the shed.
- As much as possible, do not keep birdseed, food, and other things which can attract the animals because they are always looking for food. If you need to keep food or seeds in the shed, you should make sure that you will put them inside the container and seal them properly.
- To prevent mice, you should not store upholstered furniture in garden sheds Melbourne. Determine the other things which you should not store inside the shed.
- Inspect the shed for any vent and cover it so that even small animals won’t be able to enter the shed.
- If you will put ammonia on the rags, the animals are hindered to enter the shed because they don’t want the smell. A good alternative is to put urine of a coyote or fox.
- If you will see rotten wood, make sure to repair them because animals can chew the wood so that they can enter.
- The door of the shed should be properly closed so that large animals won’t enter it. The doors should be remained close even if you are not using it. This will not only prevent the animals from entering, but it will also protect the items and the other equipments stored in it.
Lastly, a strong shed should be chosen so that no matter how much the animals try to enter it, they won’t still succeed.